Book 9+ for Violin | Book 8+ for Cello
A typical day at the Japan Seattle Suzuki Institute may begin as early as 8:30 am and end as late as 5:00 pm. Each Advanced Program student will have 4 hours of classes per day, which can include the following:
- Cello: 1-hour master class per week with Amy Sue Barston, 2 students per class (submit your audition recording here)
- Cello: 1-hour performance class
- Cello: 1-hour technique class
- Violin: Two 1-hour master classes per week with Brian Lewis*, 2 students per class (submit your audition recording here)
- Violin 1-hour performance class
- 1-hour Chamber Music class
- 1-hour Advanced Orchestra (strictly limited to those in Book 6+)
- 1-hour attendance at Honors Recitals (If you wish to perform, submit your audition recording here.)
- Optional: 1-hour enrichment class (see descriptions)
- Optional: 1-hour attendance at evening concerts Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
Individual schedules will be released 2-4 weeks prior to Institute. Remember to consider practice time as well!
*Registration for advanced master class with Brian Lewis is full, pending evaluation and acceptance of those who have already registered. We will notify those waitlisted if any spots become available.