Every Child Can! must be taken before taking other training courses.
Suzuki Early Childhood Education: Prenatal and Early Years, Stage 1
Instructor: Danette Schuh
Dates: Sunday, August 4 – Friday, August 9, 2019
The tentative class schedule is Sunday 10-12, 1-5. Monday 8:30 -10, 10:30 – 12 pm, 1-4 pm. Tues – Thurs 9 -11, 1-5. Friday 9-12.
The daily schedule is intensive. Participants at teacher workshops should clear their schedule to be available for the entire duration of their course and plan to attend daytime honors recitals and evening performances. All teacher workshop participants are expected to:
- Prepare the music in the book(s) to be studied to the point of fluent performance – preferably from memory. In this case, your course materials are the SECE recordings and booklet available at www.suzukiece.com. If you have an Apple music subscription, please listen to week 1 and week 2 and order the booklet separately from www.suzukiece.com.
- Be conversant with the ideas presented in Suzuki’s Nurtured by Love and Ability Development from Age Zero. If you read them ages ago, please re-read!
- Plan to wear comfortable clothing as you will be sometimes sitting on the floor, dancing, and you will sometimes need to remove your shoes.
- Participate actively in class and bring a notebook. Participants may bring recording equipment to record class if the teacher trainer allows it.
- Attend all classes. 100% attendance is required for the course to be added to your SAA training transcript.
- Participate in the SAA focus group