Every Child Can! or its equivalent, Filosofia, must be taken before this teacher workshop, as well as SECE: Prenatal and Early Years, Stage 1, and participants must be active members of the Suzuki Association of the Americas. It is recommended that participants have a year of experience teaching SECE.
Suzuki Early Childhood Education: Prenatal and Early Years, Stage 2
Instructor: Danette Schuh
Dates: Monday, August 3 – Saturday, August 9, 2020
The tentative class schedule is Monday 10-12, 1-5. Tuesday 10:30 – 12 pm, 1-5 pm. Wed- Frid 9-11, 1-5. Saturday 9-12.
The daily schedule is intensive. Participants at teacher workshops should clear their schedule to be available for the entire duration of their course and plan to attend daytime honors recitals and evening performances. All teacher workshop participants are expected to:
- Be able to sing in tune, keep a steady beat and be prepared to perform the songs and rhymes of the original English language version of the SECE curriculum CD. Your course materials are the SECE recordings and booklet available at www.suzukiece.com. You should already be familiar with the songs in the recording. If you have an Apple music subscription, please continue to listen to week 1 and week 2 and order the booklet separately from www.suzukiece.com.
- Be conversant with the ideas presented in Suzuki’s Nurtured by Love and Ability Development from Age Zero. If you read them ages ago, please re-read!
- Plan to wear comfortable clothing as you will be sometimes sitting on the floor, dancing, and you will sometimes need to remove your shoes.
- Participate actively in class and bring a notebook.
- Attend all classes. 100% attendance is required for the course to be added to your SAA training transcript. Completion and approval of the SECE training for SAA registration will be at the discretion of the teacher trainer.
- Participate in the SAA focus group