We are delighted to welcome you to Japan-Seattle Suzuki Institute in-person
as we celebrate 30 years of supporting Dr. Suzuki’s dream of peace through music!
Our program allows young musicians and their parents to learn from master-level Suzuki instructors,
including Alice Ann O’Neill, Allen Lieb, Amy Barston, Bruce Walker, Carrie Salisbury, Cathryn Lee, Edmund Sprunger, Elisa Barston, Sandra Payton, Stacy Smith, Tracy Helming Wiggin, Yasuko Eastman, and many more!
New this year:
• All-institute Opening Social on Monday evening
• One hour class periods for maximum learning and fun, with 15-minute passing periods
• New orchestra directors: Bruce Walker and Christopher Hanson
• One enrichment class now included in Book 1-8 enrollment
• Renaissance/Baroque dance enrichment option
• Craft Your Practice enrichment option
This summer, be inspired, be engaged, be heard!
Students of all levels will receive individualized training and performance opportunities.
These 5 days will set the stage for new levels of success as students...
• Connect with top-tier faculty
• Improve technique and develop artistry
• Eliminate practice barriers with increased motivation & effectiveness
• Perform in a collaborative and supportive environment
• Make new friends who share a love for music
• And have fun!
Want to give your musician a headstart this fall?
Ready to celebrate 30 years together as we reconnect in person?
Reignite your child’s love of music this summer and set the stage for new levels of success!
In celebration of Dr. Suzuki’s Legacy,
the Japan-Seattle Suzuki Institute 2022 Summer Program includes:
Courses and Performances
- Book 1-8 and beyond on violin, viola, and cello
- Young Artist Program with Juilliard’s Amy Sue Barston and Seattle Symphony’s Elisa Barston
- Masterclass, technique, repertoire, and orchestra classes, plus an enrichment course
- Honors Recitals
- Informal Recitals
- Orchestra Concert
- Chamber Music Performance
Featured Artist Performances by Amy Sue Barston, Cellist, and Elisa Barston, Violinist
- Violin & Viola Teaching Strategies with Edmund Sprunger (Feb – March 2022)
- Violin Unit 1 with Tracy Helming Wiggin
- Violin Unit 3 with Edmund Sprunger
- Violin Unit 6 with Danny Gee Cordova
- Violin Unit 9/10 with Cathryn Lee
- Violin Enrichment with Allen Lieb
Plus Parent Talks, a Teen Social, and more!
Keep the joy of music and drive for improvement alive this summer! Join us in person as we reconnect our community from across the continent and the globe!