We are delighted to welcome you to Japan-Seattle Suzuki Institute in-person
as we continue our 30+ year tradition of supporting Dr. Suzuki’s dream of peace through music!
Our program allows young musicians and their parents to learn from master-level Suzuki instructors,
including Alice Ann O’Neill, Allen Lieb, Amy Barston, Anna Doak, Bruce Walker, Carrie Salisbury, Cathryn Lee, Edmund Sprunger, Elisa Barston, Sandra Payton, Tracy Helming Wiggin, Yasuko Eastman, and many more!
This summer, be inspired, be engaged, be heard!
Students of all levels through high school will receive individualized training and performance opportunities, while parents attend alongside them for maximum progress and value.
These 5 days will set the stage for new levels of success as students...
• Connect with top-tier faculty
• Improve technique and develop artistry
• Eliminate practice barriers with increased motivation & effectiveness
• Perform in a collaborative and supportive environment
• Make new friends who share a love for music
• And have fun!
Want to boost your child's interest in practicing their instrument?
Ready to learn more about your role as parent in the Suzuki triangle?
Ignite your child’s love of music this summer and set the stage for new levels of success!
In celebration of Dr. Suzuki’s Legacy,
the Japan-Seattle Suzuki Institute 2023 Summer Program includes:
Courses and Performances
- Pretwinkle + Book 1-8 and beyond on bass, cello, viola, and violin
- Masterclass/lesson, technique, repertoire, and orchestra classes, plus an enrichment course for students in the regular Suzuki program
- Young Artist Program with Juilliard’s Amy Sue Barston and Seattle Symphony’s Elisa Barston
- Honors Recitals, with performers pre-selected by video audition
- Informal Recitals, available to all students who sign up
- Orchestra Concert
- Chamber Music Performance
Featured Artist Performances by Amy Sue Barston, Cellist, and Elisa Barston, Violinist
- Bass Unit 1 with Anna Doak
- Cello Revisiting Unit 1with Alice Ann O’Neill
- Violin Unit 1 with Allen Lieb
- Violin Unit 2 with Tracy Helming Wiggin
- Violin Unit 4 with Edmund Sprunger
- Violin Unit 7 with Danny Gee Cordova
- Violin and Viola Enrichment: Simplicity of Technique with Cathryn Lee
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education, Stage 2 with Danette Warren
Plus Parent Talks, a Teen Social, and more!
Keep the joy of music and drive for improvement alive this summer! Join us in person as we gather our community from across the continent and the globe!