Our live, virtual program allows young musicians to learn from master-level Suzuki instructors,
including Amy Barston, Kate Jones, Ed Sprunger, Cathryn Lee, Allen Lieb, Sandra Payton, Danny Gee Cordova, Carrie Salisbury, Alice Ann O’Neill, Blake Brasch, Danette Warren Schuh, Jared Ballance, and many more!
This summer, be inspired, be engaged, be heard!
Japan-Seattle Suzuki Institute
Students of all levels will receive individualized training and performance opportunities.
These 5 days will reignite musical passion and set the stage for new levels of success as students...
• Connect with top-tier faculty
• Improve technique and develop artistry
• Eliminate practice barriers with increased motivation & effectiveness
• Perform in a collaborative and supportive environment
• Make new friends who share a love for music
• Get ready for the return to school and youth orchestras
• And have fun!
Worried about your child losing interest this summer?
Want to give your musician a headstart this fall?
Reignite your child’s love of music this summer and set the stage for new levels of success!
In celebration of Dr. Suzuki’s Legacy,
the Japan-Seattle Suzuki Institute 2021 Online Summer Program includes:
Courses and Performances
- Book 1 – 10 and beyond on violin, viola, cello, and string bass, plus Suzuki Early Childhood Education
- Young Artist Program with Juilliard’s Amy Sue Barston and Concertmaster Jeff Thayer
- Masterclass, technique, and repertoire classes
- Dalcroze Eurythmics, StringsPop arranging, and Music-Making Lab
- Teen Symposium, with special guest speaker Allison Loggins-Hull, composer of “Stolen”
- Honors Recitals
- Live Informal Recitals
Featured Artist Performance by Amy Sue Barston, Cellist
- Violin Unit 2 with Ed Sprunger
- Violin Unit 4 with Cathryn Lee
- Violin Unit 8 with Allen Lieb
- Violin Teaching Strategies with Ed Sprunger
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education Curriculum Revision with Danette Warren Schuh and Sharon Jones
Collaboration and Support
- Lunch Bunch parent discussion series
- Evening parent talk featuring psychotherapist and teacher trainer Ed Sprunger
- Practice sessions with a buddy
- Tech support available to optimize your remote set-up
Join us! Keep the joy of music and drive for improvement alive this summer!