Curious about the Suzuki philosophy? Looking for new ideas and a deeper understanding of how to teach children?
Make yourself stand out by beginning (or refreshing) your bass teacher development
with teacher trainer Anna Doak.
DOUBLE BASS UNIT 1
July 16 – Aug 4, 2023
28 class hours: 18 hrs online and 10 hrs in-person
15 hours observations: 5 hrs online and 10 hrs in-person
Sun, July 16 2-5 pm
Tues, July 18 6-9 pm
Thurs, July 20 6-9 pm
Sun, July 23 2-5 pm
Tues, July 25 6-9 pm
Thurs, July 27 6-9 pm
In-person at Seattle Pacific University as part of JSSI
Mon, July 31- Fri, Aug 4 3:30 – 5:30 pm
Participants must be SAA members and complete *Every Child Can! or Filosofía before class begins, as well as a successful audition.
Attendance at all class hours and completion of the observations is necessary to register the course with the SAA. Though specific training class hours are listed above, participants should plan to be at JSSI all day beginning at 8:30 am when the first student classes begin. Times are listed in Pacific time.
If you are interested in renting a bass, please contact The Bass Church.
Every Child Can! is not instrument specific and is being offered in person July 10-11 in Bellevue, WA as part of HNU Piano Circle Teacher Training. The price is $180. Class meets Monday, July 10 9:30 – 12, 1:30-3:30 pm, and Tuesday, July 11 9:30 – 12 pm. Registration is here and more information can be found here. There are additional ECC courses available throughout the early summer, some online.
• 28 class hours plus all-day access to JSSI student classes for required observations
• The opportunity to lead an activity and assist in a repertoire class, work with an individual student in masterclass, and meet with Anna for a consultation
• Attendance at our inspiring Honors Recitals
• Admission to our special evening performances, featuring our Young Artist Faculty: Amy Barston, cello, and Elisa Barston, violin
• Participation in our Parent Talks
• Invitation to our Faculty and Teacher Workshop Participant Social on the afternoon of Sunday, July 30th
Join us this summer and..
• Hone your teaching skills
• Increase your visibility and standing in the Suzuki community
• Forge lasting relationships with colleagues and Suzuki mentors
• Experience the magic of Japan-Seattle Suzuki Institute
This season’s institute will be in-person with online training options
…so enjoy the flexibility of online training hours plus the benefits of hands-on experience in person!
Enhance your credentials !