Every Child Can! and Book 1, 2, and 3 must be taken in order before taking other training courses. Once the first 4 courses have been taken in order, the other courses (Book 4+) can be taken in any order.
Bass Unit 2
Instructor: Dr. Kate Jones
Dates: Sunday, August 4- Thursday, August 8, 2019
The tentative class schedule is Sunday 10-12, 1-5 pm; Monday 9 – 10 am, 3-5 pm; Tues-Thursday 3-5 pm. Some participants may need to stay through Friday morning to complete the required 8 observation hours.
The daily schedule is intensive. Participants at teacher workshops should clear their schedule to be available for the entire duration of their course and plan to attend daytime honors recitals and evening performances. All teacher workshop participants are expected to:
- Prepare the music in the book(s) to be studied to the point of fluent performance – preferably from memory.
- Be conversant with the ideas presented in Suzuki’s Nurtured by Love.
- Perform in class and bring their own instrument(s) to every class.
- Bring the Suzuki book(s) to be studied and a notebook to all classes. Participants may bring recording equipment to record class if the teacher trainer allows it.
- Attend all classes. 100% attendance is required for the course to be added to your SAA training transcript.
- Participate in the SAA focus group
SAVE $25 on your tuition at JSSI & Austin when you enroll in Bass Unit 1 at the Greater Austin Suzuki Institute this summer (July 20-27) before doing Bass Unit 2 here!