to new musical heights!
Your child’s technique and artistry will soar as they…
• Receive direction and encouragement from world class Teacher Artists
• Learn and develop musical leadership, listening, and communication within the context of Chamber Music
• Connect, collaborate, and create with musical peers
Admission to the Young Artist Program is by video audition, for violins in book 8 or beyond, violas in book 6 or beyond, and cellos in book 6 or beyond.
• 4 masterclass sessions with Juilliard’s Amy Barston or Seattle Symphony’s Elisa Barston, with 30 minutes of individual attention and feedback devoted to each student
• 4 technique classes: cellos will explore advanced technique with Amy Barston; violins & violas will apply theory and technique by creating layered music arrangements à la StringsPop
• 4 repertoire/performance classes for developing artistry, culminating in a performance
• 4 orchestra rehearsals, culminating in a performance
• 4 90-minute sessions of Chamber Music with a coach, plus an additional independent rehearsal, culminating in a performance
• Opening Social on Monday evening
• Attendance at our inspiring Honors Recitals
(performers chosen by video audition )
• Participation in our Teen Social (age 12+)
• Admission to our special evening performances featuring
Young Artist cello faculty, Amy Barston, and Young Artist violin faculty, Elisa Barston
• Participation for parents in our Parent Talks
Students who are not selected to participate in the Young Artist Program will be registered in our Book 8 program.
The week-long experience of learning, playing, and performing with all the kids sharing the same love for music, left a lasting impression. She didn’t want it to end and wished the camp would be her regular school. We pay to come to the camp, in return what she received is immeasurable and will help her for the rest of her life. She spends more time practicing, working on her theory and ear training at the conservatory. She is calm, happy, and grounded. Never once said she was bored. I attribute this all to the fact she has violin in her life. And the camp is integral part of that. So thank you!
What keeps us coming back is the quality of teachers.
JSSI is always well-run, we feel very well supported, and we will definitely attend again, whether in person/virtual.
Keep the musical focus and passion going strong this summer!