to new musical heights!
Your child’s technique and artistry will soar as they…
• Receive direction and encouragement from world class Teacher Artists
• Learn and develop musical leadership, listening, and communication within the context of Chamber Music
• Connect, collaborate, and create with musical peers
For 2024, admission to the Young Artist Program is by video audition, for violins who have finished Suzuki book 8 or beyond, violas in book 6 or beyond, and cellos in book 6 or beyond.
• Masterclass sessions with Juilliard’s Amy Barston or Seattle Symphony’s Elisa Barston, with a minimum of two 30-minute sessions of individual attention and feedback devoted to each student. Peer observation is a key component to the masterclass.
• Technique classes with Amy Barston, cello, or Dr. Kara Eubanks, violin or TBD, viola
• Repertoire/performance classes for developing artistry, culminating in a performance (see rep list for details).
Violinists will be learning the Lalo Violin Concerto, mvt 1, for 2024. Cello and viola rep coming soon.
• Advanced Orchestra, with four rehearsals culminating in a performance
• Choice of Jazz Workshop with Leo Kitajima Geefay or Chamber Music
• Attendance at our inspiring Honors Recitals
(performers chosen by video audition )
• Participation in our Teen Social (age 12+)
• Admission to our special faculty performances featuring
Young Artist cello faculty, Amy Barston, and Young Artist violin faculty, Elisa Barston
• Participation for parents in our Parent/Teacher Talks
Students who are not selected to participate in the Young Artist Program will have the option to register in our regular student program.
The week-long experience of learning, playing, and performing with all the kids sharing the same love for music, left a lasting impression. She didn’t want it to end and wished the camp would be her regular school. We pay to come to the camp, in return what she received is immeasurable and will help her for the rest of her life. She spends more time practicing, working on her theory and ear training at the conservatory. She is calm, happy, and grounded… I attribute this all to the fact she has violin in her life. And the camp is integral part of that. So thank you!
Hanging out with other kids who are excited about music, along with inspiring teachers, is a super-motivation to keep practicing and improving!
Build musical momentum and passion this summer!